Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gah! 2013 is almost over and I've posted . . . Nothing.



Wowzers! So it's been a little under a year since my last entry. And of course, I'm just getting to posting that entry I wrote a year ago now. A lot a lot a lot has happened since Februrary when I was writing about the beginnings of my grad school experience. I am now in my second year and still loving it. But, between the time of ending my first year and starting my second year I also found a Mr Right and got married. Uh huh! You read that right, I'm married y'all!!!

The story behind how Mr Right and I met is pretty cute. Something straight from a Korean drama minus the hatred that somehow magically turns to pure love, or a Bollywood love story minus the glamour and songs and dancing. 

A big chunk of my time is spent on the train going from my home in the Big City to A Crummy City where my school is located. This is exactly where Mr Right and I first met. Somehow I managed to catch his attention and he proceeded to talk to me. From there we went on coffee dates then brunch dates and then tada! married life. 

There was a lot of shock from those around me because things between Mr Right and I transpired fairly quickly. But I can't say I regret any of it. From what I have seen between the two of us as a married couple, even if we didn't marry in the summer we would still be together. And I guess in the end, that's all that really matters. That's the basis of what marriage is essentially - a commitment to stay together, right. 

I remember once telling my best friend that love should be simple, sweet, and pure like honey. And while I have nothing against more common day relationships that tend to take longer and often involve co-habitation, this wasn't the right road for Mr Right and me. I found a love that is simple, sweet, and pure. That's all I've ever wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment