Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 14

In a previous post, I discussed two giant zucchinis I had received from a club member's garden. Yesterday, I cut open the second vegetable of the pair and made a nice sized portion of fried zucchini . . . from just HALF of it. I ran out of batter and was only able to fry up about 2/3 of this portion. Currently, I have made two frittatas and fried zucchini and I still have one half of these humongous squashes that is untouched. I think I will try my hand at making zucchini bread. 

I told you it was a lot of zucchini!! And I love it; it makes me happy ^.^ It's also very cost effective and healthy. These plants were grown under completely organic conditions and I will be able to get about four hearty dishes from just two plants. Just what you need when money is a lil tight. 

#100days

No comments:

Post a Comment