Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 4

Arrrrggghhh! In true Senegalian fashion I'm already falling behind in my posts. U_U

Zucchini and potato frittata! If you haven't figured out by now, yes I am a foodie and I think it is safe to say that at least 50 of these 100 days will be filled with my love for food. The potatoes and zucchini in this frittata have a nice story to go along with them that added to my happy for the day.

First, the potatoes - these are the very first perfect potatoes that I have cooked up since having a horrible two month encounter with very stinky, nasty, spoiled potatoes. It was a relief to reach into that bag with confidence knowing the vegetable I picked would be edible and odor free. I do not think I have ever experienced a food based horror as horrible as a spoilt spud - it is literally indescribable.

Second, the zucchini - this lovely vegetable was generously given to me by a member of the radio club my husband and I attend. He is an avid natural gardener and has had a very hearty harvest this season; there was more than enough for him to give away. I adore zucchinis and was more than happy to take some off of his hands. These lovely vegetables were the size of eggplants with a nice firm flesh on the inside. A great addition to my home-cooked brunch this weekend.

#100days


No comments:

Post a Comment